PROGRAMME SITE COORDINATOR, AFTER-SCHOOL (Part-time)
PRIOR SUPERVISORY EXPERIENCE REQUIRED, TEACHING EXPERIENCE PREFERRED. Must be an excellent role model that is passionate about positive youth development, dependable and of strong work ethic.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for the overall supervision of children, staff and volunteers, activities and recordkeeping at the individually assigned school. Ensures a safe, high quality, fun and educational environment for all school-aged programme participants, while building a environment that fosters positive character development.
• Work closely with After-School leadership team to achieve departmental objectives.
• Provide direct management of all children enrolled in the programme.
• Plan weekly programme of activities, which includes the implementation of YMCA Curriculum, special events and recognition.
• Supervise, train and develop 15+ part-time staff and volunteers.
• Ensure that YMCA programme standards are met and safety procedures followed.
• Supports the upkeep and organisation of proper records and files, equipment, supplies and inventories.
• Oversee all site specific communication, working closely with school leadership and participant families.
• High school diploma.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in an after-school or childcare setting.
• Strong organisational, communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills required.
• Minimum age 21.
• Should be able to lift and carry 20 lbs.
• Required to stand and be outdoors for extended periods of time.
Work Schedule & Compensation: Approx. 25 per week (with exception of school breaks), plus additional training/meeting times as dictated by programme needs, with 15-18 hours spent in programming Monday to Friday between 2:30-6:30pm.
Starting salary is CI$1,300-$1,700 per month (based on education and experience), plus part-time benefits.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 30 July 2022
CAYMANIANS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. *Please note, we are only considering on island applicants*