The YMCA is a great place to make new friends, build your confidence and develop skills for the future! As a Counsellor-In-Training (CIT), inspire campers to explore, find new talents, and try new activities, while developing your own leadership skills at the same time.
Through the CIT programme teens will:
- Gain real-life, hands-on experiences;
- Participate in out-of-the ordinary leadership trainings;
- Receive ongoing mentorship & coaching from professional YMCA staff;
- Help plan & facilitate fun activities;
- Be a role model;
- Provide a safe & fun programme for kids in your community;
- Make new friends & create unforgettable memories!
Upon successful completion of the programme, teens will receive a certificate of participation, along with a letter of recognition outlining their hours of service. A celebration event will take place at the end of the summer season.