Y Day Camps
Registration for Easter Camp is open!
Our next Day Camp will be Easter! We will be offering camp from March 26th – April 6th (except Easter Monday and Good Friday) for children ages 5-12.
If your child is out of school on Monday, April 9th as well we will be hosting Y Fun Day. Click here for our Y Fun Day Flyer.
You can register your child until March 22nd every Tuesday & Thursday from 10:00am-1:00pm at the Field of Dreams.
Our Camp Programme
Here is some information about our Day Camp programme, you can also click here for our Y Day Camp FAQ‘s.
YMCA Day Camps are open to children ages 5-12 and provide fun and challenging outdoor activities under the guidance of caring, well-trained staff members and helps campers grow physically, mentally and spiritually.We conduct camps throughout all school breaks including the entire summer on the island. Our aim is to provide youth with the type of positive developmental experience that yields lifelong benefits.
The YMCA Camp experience is grounded in a set of seven objectives that characterise all Y programmes:
- Grow personally
- Learn and reinforce positive values
- Improve personal and family relationships
- Appreciate diversity
- Become better leaders and supporters
- Develop specific skills and assets
- Have fun and enjoy the experience
Led by YMCA-trained camp counsellors, campers are encouraged to focus behaviours in keeping with five core values that are routinely reinforced throughout the camp experience:
- Honesty – to tell the truth, demonstrate reliability and trustworthiness through actions that are in keeping with their stated positions and beliefs
- Caring – to demonstrate a sincere concern for others, for their needs and well-being
- Respect – to treat others as they would have others treat them, to value the worth of every person, including themselves
- Responsibility – to take accountability for themselves, their belongings, promises and actions; to strive to do what is right, recognising all people are part of an inter-connected world
- Faith – To value an individual’s personal beliefs with trust that we are created for a divine and great purpose.
Y Day Camp is offered during Summer and all school breaks.