Y Day Camps
Our October Break camp is FULL!
Our October break camp scheduled for October 23-27 is now full. We do have a wait list. If you would like your child/children added to this list please email us with your contact number and your child’s name and date of birth at email@example.com
Our Day Camp Programme
YMCA Day Camps are open to children ages 5-12 and provide fun and challenging outdoor activities under the guidance of caring, well-trained staff members and helps campers grow physically, mentally and spiritually.We conduct camps throughout all school breaks including the entire summer on the island. Our aim is to provide youth with the type of positive developmental experience that yields lifelong benefits.
The YMCA Camp experience is grounded in a set of seven objectives that characterise all Y programmes:
- Grow personally
- Learn and reinforce positive values
- Improve personal and family relationships
- Appreciate diversity
- Become better leaders and supporters
- Develop specific skills and assets
- Have fun and enjoy the experience
Led by YMCA-trained camp counsellors, campers are encouraged to focus behaviours in keeping with five core values that are routinely reinforced throughout the camp experience:
- Honesty – to tell the truth, demonstrate reliability and trustworthiness through actions that are in keeping with their stated positions and beliefs
- Caring – to demonstrate a sincere concern for others, for their needs and well-being
- Respect – to treat others as they would have others treat them, to value the worth of every person, including themselves
- Responsibility – to take accountability for themselves, their belongings, promises and actions; to strive to do what is right, recognising all people are part of an inter-connected world
- Faith – To value an individual’s personal beliefs with trust that we are created for a divine and great purpose.
Y Day Camp is offered during Summer and school breaks.
Check back soon for our next camp happening during the school break in October!