Y Day Camps
Our next Day Camp is October 23rd – 27th!
October break is around the corner and we’re excited to announce that camp will run from October 23rd to 27th! In addition to the Traditional Day Camp programme, we will also run Y Fun Days on October 19th and 20th. Registration will launch Thursday, October 5th. Check back here and on our Facebook page for all the updates!
YMCA Day Camps provide fun and challenging outdoor activities under the guidance of caring, well-trained staff members and helps campers grow physically, mentally and spiritually.We conduct camps throughout all school breaks including the entire summer on the island. Our aim is to provide youth with the type of positive developmental experience that yields lifelong benefits.
The YMCA Camp experience is grounded in a set of seven objectives that characterise all Y programmes:
- Grow personally
- Learn and reinforce positive values
- Improve personal and family relationships
- Appreciate diversity
- Become better leaders and supporters
- Develop specific skills and assets
- Have fun and enjoy the experience
Led by YMCA-trained camp counsellors, campers are encouraged to focus behaviours in keeping with five core values that are routinely reinforced throughout the camp experience:
- Caring – to demonstrate a sincere concern for others, for their needs and well-being
- Honesty – to tell the truth, demonstrate reliability and trustworthiness through actions that are in keeping with their stated positions and beliefs
- Respect – to treat others as they would have others treat them, to value the worth of every person, including themselves
- Responsibility – to take accountability for themselves, their belongings, promises and actions; to strive to do what is right, recognising all people are part of an inter-connected world
- Faith – To value an individual’s personal beliefs with trust that we are created for a divine and great purpose.
Y Day Camp is offered during Summer and school breaks.
Check back soon for our next camp happening during the school break in October!